Shoes are not multi-purpose.
- You don’t wear dirty white vans to a power luncheon
- You don’t wear football cleats to a karaoke bar
- You don’t wear white socks and sandals to play golf
- You don’t wear cowboy boots with basketball shorts
Even in a society which embraces casual Friday, there are still mixes (hiking boots to a formal wedding) that make you look less than astute.
Ties are also not multi-purpose.
- Scooby Doo cartoon ties do not inspire confidence in a board room
- Ties shouldn’t hang three inches below the belt
- Ties shouldn’t stop three inches above the belt
- A clown tie that squirts water is never a necessity
If you want be accepted as someone with common sense, skill, knowledge and the abilities necessary to handle most situations, choose a good tie.
- Find a tie with a good lining. Good lining allows you to tie your tie easier and prevents wrinkling.
- The fabric should feel smooth, not brittle
- Pick a tie that hits the top of your belt buckle
- Wear wool ties with tweed or heavyweight jackets
- Wear silk or similar ties with business suits
- For business select a tie that has the colors of your suit and shirt
- For formal occasions, pick a solid colored tie that’s darker than your shirt
Once you know how to wear a tie, keep those quality accessories crisp and wrinkle free by hanging them on the number one tie rack–Necktie Butler .
This is the best buy anywhere. Order yours now.